Lucky Element in Chinese Astrology Birth Chart
From Yin and Yang to Five Elements
The ancient Chinese YIN-YANG scholars believed that three are two natural, complementary and contradictory forces in our universe. The scholars named them YIN and YANG. YIN represents the female, negative, darkness, softness, moisture, nighttime, even numbers and docile aspects of things. YANG represents the male, positive, brightness, hardness, dryness, daytime, odd numbers and dominant aspects of things. YIN and YANG are continually in the state of flux and always looking for the BALANCE point. One moves, the other responds. Therefore, ancient scholars treated this phenomenon as a natural universal law.
These scholars also believed that our universe consisted of five basic elements, which are Metal, Water, Wood, Fire and Earth. Everything, including humans, in the universe (between Heaven and Earth) must have a relationship with these five elements. So they tried to apply the five elements not only to every physical thing in the world, but also to Colors, Directions, Seasons and Sounds. They even applied the Five Elements to the Years, Months, Days, Hours, Minutes and Seconds of the Chinese Calendar. Now, people can discover their Five Element weights using their birth date and time. Based on the combination of these five-element weights, plus the concept of the natural phenomenon, they can tell the rise and fall of the human destiny (fate) cycle.
FIVE ELEMENTS does not only mean Metal, Water, Wood, Fire and Earth. The "element" in Chinese also means MOVEMENT, CHANGEABILITY and DEVELOPMENT. These elements have their Yin and Yang sides too. They are moving, waning, waxing and changing all the time. Just like Yin and Yang, the movements of the Five Elements are slow and stable when they are in balance. If they are out of balance, then the movements are unstable and unpredictable. When a person is in a stable (five-element) environment, he should live peacefully. When a person is in an unpredictable environment, he is easily out of control. A person will feel lucky when everything is under control. A person will feel unlucky when everything is out of control. If you want to be a lucky person, you have to move to an environment that will bring your five elements into balance.
The Relationships of The Five Elements
In the fortune-telling system, we use Metal, Water, Wood, Fire and Earth as the Five Elements to explain everything. Metal stands for mineral, gold, jewelry, iron, rock or something hard. Water stands for liquid or something cold. Wood stands for trees or something to do with wood. Fire stands for Sun, fire, heat, light or something hot. Earth stands for soil, dust or ground. There are affinity and enmity relationships between five elements.
The affinity relationship means supporting, helping, producing, etc.
- Water can help trees (Wood) grow.
- Wood can help Fire to burn.
- Fire can help to produce dust (Earth).
- Earth can help minerals (Metal) to form.
- Metal can hold Water.
We can say that:-
- Water is the supporting element of Wood because Wood can release the power of Water.
- Wood is the supporting element of Fire because Fire can release the power of Wood.
- Fire is the supporting element of Earth because the Earth can release the power of Fire.
- Earth is the supporting element of Metal because Metal can release the power of Earth.
- Metal is the supporting element of Water because Water can release the power of Metal.
The enmity relationship means fighting, conflicting, rejecting, etc.
- Water can extinguish Fire, but Fire might evaporate Water.
- Wood can break the ground (Earth), but Earth can bury Wood too.
- Fire can melt Metal, but Metal might not melt before the Fire is extinguished.
- Earth can absorb Water, but Water can cover the land (Earth).
- Metal can cut Wood, but Metal might become dull before breaking Wood.
We can say that:-
- Water and Fire are enemies because Water overwhelms the movement of Fire.
- Wood and Earth are enemies because Wood overwhelms the movement of Earth.
- Fire and Metal are enemies because Fire overwhelms the movement of Metal.
- Earth and Water are enemies because Earth overwhelms the movement of Water.
- Metal and Wood are enemies because Metal overwhelms the movement of Wood.
Chinese Astrology Birth Chart
Since the ancient scholars applied the Five-Element theory to Chinese Calendar, we can
convert each birthday and birth time using Chinese Fortune Calendar.
There are four columns and eight Chinese characters. Chinese call this chart Four Pillars or Eight Characters. The Year column is the information about your ancestors or You at an early age. The Month column is the information about your parents or your growing years. The Day column is the information about you (upper character) and your spouse (lower character) or your adult age. The Hour column is the information about your kids or your later years. Because the Day column represents you, you are the black cow (water cow), not the brown tiger from year column.
From the Chinese Fortune Calendar, we can convert Eight Characters into Five Elements.
- The first column in the chart is YOU. YOU is the element that represents you or people of your same type. So YOU includes you and your brothers (sisters) and friends.
- The second column is KIDS. KIDS is the element that comes out from YOU. So KIDS includes your children, your expression to the outside world or something that comes from your mind or body.
- This third column is MONEY. MONEY is made by something coming from your mind or body. That's why MONEY can hurt your body. MONEY is our enemy. Sometimes MONEY has information about our father, because he brings the money to our family.
- This forth column is JOB. JOB is something that gives YOU pressure or trouble. So JOB is your job, something that may make you nervous or sometimes it is your children (i.e. You have the pressure to support them). That's why JOB can hurt you. JOB is your enemy.
- This fifth column is MOM. MOM includes your mother, baby sitter, mentor and the people that support or protect you. So MOM is your best friend.
Finding the Lucky Elements
There are many ways (theories) to find Lucky Elements. Here are some simple ways. The basic concept is balancing the five elements.
Find the lowest score for the lucky element. Metal has only 18, so Metal is the lucky element.
Foe and Friend
Foe is Money and Job, which give you pressure all the time. Mom is your friend always. If the scores from Foe are MUCH greater than the scores from You and your friend, then You and Mom are the lucky elements. If the scores from Foe are MUCH less than the scores from You and your friend, then Money and Job are the lucky elements. In the above example, the total of Metal and Water is 18+49 = 67 and the total of Fire and Earth is 30+226 = 256. Therefore the lucky elements are Metal and Water.
Cold and Hot
If the scores from Metal and Water are MUCH greater than the scores from any other elements, then the combination of five elements is "too cold" and the lucky element is Fire. If the scores from Fire and Earth are MUCH greater than the scores from any other elements, then the combination of the Five Elements is "too hot" and the lucky element is Water.
If the score of Job is MUCH greater than the score of You, then the Mom is the lucky element to release the power of Job and give you more strength. If the score of You is MUCH greater than the score of Money, then the Kid is the lucky element to release the energy of You and make more Money for you.
Disease and Medicine
If we find a disease in the Five Element Birth Chart, we need to find the medicine to cure the illness. Please read the Disease and Medicine of Five Elements
How to Apply the Lucky Element to the Birth Chart
If the power of Money and Job is much greater than the power of You and your Mom, you were born poor because on the date of your birth You could not handle the power of Money. You can be richer when your lucky elements come into your life.
When you find the lucky elements in your columns of Year and Month, you were born into a good family, have a good relationship with them and your parents supported you in your early years. When you find a lucky element in the column of spouse (Day), your spouse helps you in your career, business or financial area. When you find the lucky elements in the Hour column, your children will do well in their life and/or you will enjoy a nice life in your later years.
If the power of You and Mom is much greater than anything else, you are a person with a strong will and good health. You can be a leader because you can handle the pressure, but you might hurt people like your spouse or father easily.
If the power of You and Mom is much less than anything else, you are weak on determination and easily get sick. You should be a team player. You shouldn't do business on your own, because you cannot handle the pressure unless the lucky elements come into your life all the time.
All the concepts here are based on the affinity and enmity charts of the five elements. You can think more clearly by following the natural law of the universe. To search for your lucky elements (Years, Days), go to the Five-Element Menu to get it. Remember you have your lucky elements and you have your bad-omen elements too. You can find your bad years from the Five-Element Menu too. To find the related lucky information, go to the Five-Element Chart.
Copyright © 1999-2021 Chinese Fortune Calendar All Right Reserved.