Why would people vote for Donald Trump?
President Trump is a businessman; he is an opportunist. He pursuits wealth before power and considers self-interest before moral standards. Many of his speeches and policies cause lots of controversies. Most of the media give him sarcastic and negative comments. Why would people vote for Donald Trump?
The Metal Rat year of 2020 is an extreme challenge year for President Trump. He encountered the events of impeachment, COVID-19 pandemic, COVID-19 deaths, COVID-19 recession, China trade war, unemployment, business reopening and school reopening, black lives matter, police brutality, and many others. Almost those events hurt his reputation. At the end of September 2020, Trump still trails in the election polls to Joe Biden in the US presidential race. Can President Trump win the presidential election in November 2020?
COVID-19 and Donald Trump's Election
2020 is the year of Metal Rat. Metal is connected to the air, virus, or COVID-19 pandemic. The Water of the Rat is connected to Trump's money or the US economy. Americans care about their income and lives. If Donald Trump can keep the COVID-19 death rate low, unemployment rate low, and the stock market high, then he has good odds to win the reelection. Firstly, we want to see COVID-19 statistic data. So we can know how much impact his presidential campaign by the novel coronavirus.
The first patient died in the USA from COVID-19 is in Washington state on February 29, 2020. On September 25, the total number of deaths from the coronavirus is more than 208,440 in the USA. The total number of infected Americans is 7,244,184. These are the worst numbers to fight against coronavirus in the world. But it doesn't impact too much for people who are going to vote for Trump. All numbers below are proximate.
|Coronavirus Deaths / Infected Rate|
April, May, and June were the worst time for the US medical teams to save COVID-19 patients' lives. The mortality rate (Deaths/Infected) of COVID-19 has dropped below 3% in September. This implies that US medical doctors have found the best life-saving treatment to handle the coronavirus. Many Americans don't panic about infecting the virus.
Deaths / Infected with Outcome
On September 28, the total of coronavirus infected cases is 7,350,450. Some people tested positive for COVID-19 but had no symptoms. The total number of confirmed cases that had an outcome is only 4,809,345. Total of 4,599,629 (96%) people recovered. A total of 209,716 people died. The death rate is 4.4%. The above chart shows the death rate is decreasing.
The daily deaths chart of COVID-19 shows that the peak time of the second wave was in August. The daily death count has dropped below 1,000 in September. US medical doctors have learned how to treat patients with different symptoms. If the doctors can save lives, then the COVID-19 pandemic won't impact Trump's campaign that much anymore.
October 1, 2020, President Trump infected novel coronavirus. After receiving COVID-19 treatment, he had a speedy recovery and walked out of Medical Center on October 5. He told Americans that "Don't be afraid of Covid. Don't let it dominate your life."
Economy stimulus and Donald Trump's Election
COVID-19 pandemic lockdowns are a way to stop the spread of the coronavirus. Many states announced curfews, stay-at-home orders, or shelter-in-place orders. Travel bans impacted the transportation business, food supplies, tourism, and global trade. The Business shutdown affected unemployment, stock market, housing payment, money for Groceries. Under the pressures of the COVID-19 recession, what did President Trump respond to shore up the US Economy?
- March 6: Trump signed an $8.3 billion bill to fight the coronavirus outbreak
- March 9: Trump called on Congress to pass a payroll tax cut over coronavirus
- March 11: Trump directed the SBA to issue low-interest loans to affected small businesses and called on Congress to increase the fund by $50 billion
- March 11: Trump directed the Treasury Department to defer tax payments for affected identities and provide $200 billion in additional liquidity
- March 13: Trump declared a national emergency to access $42 billion funds to combat the coronavirus
- March 14: The Coronavirus Relief Bill was passed by the House of Representatives
- March 17: The Treasury Department contributed $10 billion through the economic stabilization fund the Federal Reserve’s commercial paper funding facility
- March 17: The Treasury Department deferred $300 billion in tax payments for 90 days without penalty
- March 27: Trump signed the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES) into law
- April 13: The IRS started to send 80 million stimulus payments to eligible Americans. Over 120 million Americans could be eligible for the payment
- June 3: The IRS said it had delivered around 159 million stimulus payments to individuals worth $267 billion
- October 1: The House passed a $2.2 trillion coronavirus relief bill
- $300 billion for cash payments
- $260 billion in increased unemployment benefits
- $104 billion on paid sick leave and unemployment benefits
- $377 billion for forgivable loans to small businesses
- $500 billion in aid for large corporations
- $339.8 billion to state and local governments
- $153.6 billion for Public Health
- $43.7 billion for Education and Other
- $26 billion for children, food stamps, and food bank
CARES Act is an emergency relief. This is a big help for individuals, small businesses, big corporations, hospitals and public health, federal safety net, state and local governments, and education during the economic recovery. President Trump should gain more supports who are in desperate need of a better income in October.
Donald Trump's October Suprise of 2020 Election
Donald Trump Chinese Zodiac 10-God Birth Chart
See your Chinese Zodiac 10-God Birth Chart
Explanations of Chinese Zodiac 10-God Symbols
We read the Chinese Astrology Birth Chart of Donald Trump in 2016 before the 2016 presidential election. We also discussed the impeachment of Donald Trump in 2019 and the acquittal on impeachment charges of Donald Trump in 2020.
President Trump was born on Female-Earth Sheep Day at Earth Snake Hour in the summer of Wood Horse Month of the Fire Dog Year. The Female-Earth represents Donald Trump. His Lucky Elements are Earth and Fire. He will have better luck during the years of Dog, Sheep, Cow, Dragon, Horse, and Snake. 2020 is the year of Metal Rat. Rat is in the Water group. Water is connected to money, finance, or economy to President Trump. He has been working on the economic recovery for seven months due to the coronavirus pandemic. If the US economy plunges into recession in October, he has extreme difficulty to win the presidency in November.
Some media think Trump's October surprise scheme will likely fail. The zodiac sign of September 2020 was a Wooden Chicken. Chicken is in the Metal group. Without Fire and Earth, the campaign momentum was too weak in September. November 3, 2020, is the 2020 United States presidential election day, which is in the Fire Dog month. The morale of Donald Trump's campaign will move up to the peak. Trump can booster his credits on the US economy by sending the stimulus checks to Americans, having coronavirus vaccine ready, and moving up the Dow Jones index before November 3. Donald Trump doesn't need 50% of the total votes to win the presidential race. He only needs to win the Electoral College votes from the key states, and then he can win the US presidency.