The Balance Theory of Yin Yang Five Element in Chinese Horoscope
The ancient Chinese YIN-YANG scholars believed that three are two natural, complementary, and contradictory forces in our universe. The scholars named them YIN and YANG. The YIN represents the female, negative, darkness, softness, moisture, night-time, even numbers, and docile aspects of things. The YANG represents the male, positive, brightness, hardness, dryness, daytime. odd numbers and dominant aspects. YIN and YANG are continually in a state of flux and always looking for the BALANCE point. One moves, the other response. Therefore, ancient scholars treated this natural phenomenon as a natural universal law.
These scholars also believed that our universe consisted of five basic elements, which are Metal, Water, Wood, Fire, and Earth (Soil). Everything, including humans, in the universe (between Heaven and Earth) must have a relationship with these five elements. So they tried to apply the five elements not only to every physical thing in the world but also to the Colors, Directions, Seasons, and Sounds. They even applied to the Years, Months, Days, Hours, Minutes, and Seconds of the Chinese Calendar. Now, people can know their five-element weights from their birth date and time. Based on the combination of these five-element weights plus the concept of the natural phenomenon, they can tell the rise and fall of the human destiny (fate) cycle.
FIVE ELEMENTS do not only mean metal, water, wood, fire, and earth. The "element" in Chinese also means MOVEMENT, CHANGEABLE, and DEVELOPMENT. These elements have their Yin and Yang sides too. They are moving, waning, waxing, and changing all the time. Just like Yin and Yang, the movements of the five elements are slow and stable when they are in a kind of balance. If they are out of balance, then the movements are unstable and unpredictable. When a person is in a stable (five-element) environment, he should live peacefully. When a person is in an unpredictable environment, he is easily out of control. A person will feel lucky when everything is under control. A person will feel bad luck when everything is out of control. If you want to be a lucky person, you have to live in an environment, which can balance your five elements.
Five Elements: Supporting and Fighting Relationships
In the fortune-telling system, we want to use metal, water, wood, fire, and earth as the five elements to explain everything. Metal stands for mineral, gold, jewelry, iron, rock, or something hard. Water stands for liquid or something cold. Wood stands for the tree or something to do with wood. Fire stands for Sun, fire, heat, light, or something hot. Earth stands for soil, dust, or ground. There are supporting (affinity) and fighting (enmity) relationships between the five elements.
The Supporting relationship is the Mother-and-Child relationship. One element will produce, protect and help the other.
- Water can help trees (Wood) grow.
- Wood can help Fire to burn.
- Fire can help to produce dust (Earth).
- Earth can help minerals (Metal) to form.
- Metal can hold Water.
We can say that:-
- Water is the supporting element of Wood. Wood can release the power of Water.
- Wood is the supporting element of Fire. Fire can release the power of Wood.
- Fire is the supporting element of Earth. Earth can release the power of Fire.
- Earth is the supporting element of Metal. Metal can release the power of Earth.
- Metal is the supporting element of Water. Water can release the power of Metal.
The Fighting relationship is the Master-and-Slave relationship. One will fight, repel, reject, conflict against the other.
- Water can extinguish Fire, but Fire might evaporate Water.
- Wood can break the ground (Earth), but Earth can bury Wood too.
- Fire can melt Metal, but Metal might not melt before Fire is extinguished.
- Earth can absorb Water, but Water can cover the land (Earth).
- Metal can cut Wood, but Metal might become dull before breaking Wood.
We can say that:-
- Water and Fire are enemies. Water overwhelms the movement of Fire.
- Wood and Earth are enemies. Wood overwhelms the movement of Earth.
- Fire and Metal are enemies. Fire overwhelms the movement of Metal.
- Earth and Water are enemies. Earth overwhelms the movement of Water.
- Metal and Wood are enemies. Metal overwhelms the movement of Wood.
Reading Chinese Astrology Birth Chart
Since the ancient scholars apply the Five-Element theory to the Chinese Calendar, so we can convert each birthday and time using the Chinese Fortune Calendar.
There are four columns and eight Chinese characters. Chinese call this chart Four Pillar or Eight Characters. The Year column is the information about your ancestor or early age. The Month column is the information about your parents or growing age. The Day column is the information about you (upper character) and your spouse (lower character) or adult age. The Hour column is the information about kids or late age. Because the Day column represents you, you are a black cow (water cow), not a brown tiger from the Year column.
From the Chinese Fortune Calendar, we can convert Eight Characters into Five Elements.
- The first column in the chart is the "YOU". "YOU" is the element of your same type. So "YOU" includes you and your brothers (sisters) and friends.
- The second column is the "KIDS". KIDS is the element that comes out of YOU. So KIDS includes your children, your expression to the outside world, or something that comes out from your mind or body.
- The third column is "MONEY". MONEY is made by something coming out from your brain or body. That's why MONEY hurts your body. MONEY is our enemy. Sometimes MONEY has information about our father because he brings money to our family.
- This fourth column is "JOB". JOB is something that gives YOU pressure or trouble. So JOB is your job, something that may make you nervous and sometimes is your children (i.e. You have the pressure to support them). That's why JOB hurts you. JOB is our enemy.
- The fifth column is "MOM". MOM includes your mother, babysitter, mentor, and the person supporting and protecting you. So MOM is our best friend.
To Find the Lucky Elements before Predictions
There are many ways (theories) to do this. Here are some simple ways. The basic concept is balancing the five elements.
Find the smallest score for the lucky element. Metal has only 18. So Metal is the lucky element.
Foe and Friend
The foe is Money and Job, which give you pressure all the time. Mom is your friend always. If the scores from Foe are much greater than the scores from You and your friend, then "YOU" and "MOM" are the lucky elements. If the scores from Foe are much less than the scores from You and your friend, then Money and Job are the lucky elements. The total of Metal and Water is 18+49 = 67 and the total of Fire and Soil is 30+226 = 256. Therefore the lucky elements are Metal and Water.
Cold and Hot
If the scores from Metal and Water are much greater than the scores from any other elements, then the combination of five elements is too cold and the lucky element is Fire. If the scores from Fire and Earth are much greater than the scores from any other elements, then the combination of five elements is too hot and the lucky element is Water.
If the score of Job is much greater than the score of You, then the Mom is the lucky element to release the power of Job and gives you more strength. If the score of You is much greater than the score of Money, then the Kid the lucky element to release the energy of You and makes more money for you.
Chinese Fortune-Telling: Reading Birth Chart using the Lucky Element
If the power of Money and Job is much greater than the power of You and your Mom. You were born poor because on the date of your birth You cannot handle the power of Money. You can be richer when your lucky elements come into your life.
When you find the lucky elements in your columns of Year and Month, you were born into a good family, have a good relationship with them and your parents support you at your early age. When you find a lucky element in the column of spouse (Day), your spouse helps you in your career, business, or financial area. When you find the lucky elements in the Hour column, your children will do good in their life and/or you will have nice late years.
If the power of You and Mom is much greater than anything else, you are a person with a strong will and good health. You can be a leader because you can handle the pressure, but you might hurt people like your spouse or father easily.
If the power of You and Mom is much less than anything else, you are weak on determination and easily get sick. You should be a team player. You shouldn't do business on your own, because you cannot handle the pressure unless the lucky elements come into your life all the time.
All the concepts here are based on the affinity and enmity charts of the five elements. You can think more clearly by following the natural law of the universe. To search for your lucky elements (Years, days), go to Five-Element Menu to get it. Remember you have your lucky elements and you have your bad-omen elements too. You can find your bad years from the Five-Element Menu too. To find the related lucky stuff is from Five-Element Chart.